Top 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Hits: 12449
Health benefits of massage
Massage has several health benefits. Few of them are as below:
- Muscles – Massage reduces the tension in the muscles and relieves muscular pain. Strenuous exertion results in the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles. Massage helps to rid the muscles of this acid and thus imparts a feeling of freshness and vigor.
- The heart – Systematic massage will reduce the burden on the heart, and thus increase its efficiency.
- Nerves – Slow and gentle massage with light pressure relieve tension of the nerves and soothe them. Vigorous massage stimulates lax nerves and increases their efficiency.
- Skin – Massage has beneficial effects on the skin. The pores of the skin are opened up, thus helping of the elimination of toxins from the body through perspiration.
- Circulation of the blood – The circulation of the blood in the part being massaged is speeded up, so that the part is supplied with more nutrients, and its healing powers are augmented. The accelerated circulation reduces swelling. There is an increase in the capacity of the blood to carry oxygen and to utilize it effectively.
- The digestive system – Massaging the abdomen stimulates the digestive system, and promotes better elimination of wastes. The resistive powers of the body are strengthened due to the increase in the efficiency of the liver.
- The urinary system – Massaging activates the urinary system. As a result the process of elimination of toxic substances from the body through the urine is accelerated by the formation of greater quantities of urine.