- Water Quality Monitoring, bacteriological as well as chemical, at each district level from rural as well as urban area through the application of Water(Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1974.
- Food Quality Monitoring trough the application of Prevention of Food Adulteration (PFA) Act 1954 and Rules 1955.
- Quality Monitoring of various chemical disinfectants used for treatment of water and maintaining of quality of water.
- Water Quality Control and Surveillance.
- Analysis of samples like Stool, Blood, Vomit etc. to determine/confirm bacterial organism causing water-borne diseases and food poisoning cases.
- Active participation in the control of epidemic due to water borne disease under Rapid Response Team/IDSP.
- To protect the interest of common people by using a tool of quality monitoring, whether they are provided pure and clean drinking water and wholesome food to the implementation of respective Statutory provisions.
- The common people can also avail the facility of testing water, food articles by paying nominal fees.
- To create awareness regarding drinking water quality and wholesome food through the organization of exhibition for common people.
Special Features of Programme
- Apart from the routine functions of Water and Food Quality monitoring, the Public Health Laboratories–especially State and Regional–are engaged in various Research Projects pertaining to the Food/Water sponsored by Different Organizations such as CSIR/ICMR/WHO/FAO etc.
- SPHL has been identified as a State Referral Center for Bacterial Culture.
- SPHL has also been identified as the State Referral Institute for Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance Program of WSSD in the State.
State Public Health Laboratory Pune
- Proforma “A” FDA: Monthly Laboratory Report of food sample Testing (March 2008)
- Proforma “B” Local Bodies: Monthly Laboratory Report of food sample Testing (March 2008)
- Proforma “C”: Samples Received from FDA Found Adulterated During 01/03/2008 to 31/03/2008
- Proforma “D”: Samples Received from Local Bodies Found Adulterated During 01/03/2008 to 31/03/2008